Thursday, January 31, 2008

Baby Steps...

This is not an original idea... Some friends of ours are having a baby this spring and she has been doing this all through her pregnancy and I thought it was a brilliant idea!


Today I am seven weeks pregnant. This week, our baby's hands and feet will begin to emerge from developing arms and legs! Our little one is still funky looking though... It's still considered an embryo and has somewhat of a tail! Yikes :) The good news, that will disappear in a few weeks and the baby has already doubled in size since last week and is now about the size of a blueberry (that makes me think of that Veggie Tales song, "I love a blueberry, I love a blueberry...oh, I'll wait for you-ou, ohhhh I'll wait for you-ou")

Anyway, I'm doing fantastic! I'm super tired and everything feels like an extra effort. I am sleeping better, which is a huge blessing! I've been having a bit of morning sickness in the evening, and actually, I woke up with it today. It comes and goes and I haven't thrown up yet. Usually once I eat I'm fine. Breakfast today was saltines and gingerale. My pants are already too tight :/ I've only gained one pounder though. The Dr. said to expect a half a pound a week - I must be doing alright.

I know everyone's bod is different, but I wasn't expecting to feel fat so soon :) I did look up some pictures on one website that shows several women at 6 and 7 weeks and some of them had quite the pooch!! So, that made me feel a little bit better. It's been easy to eat healthy though. I haven't jumped into the mentality that I can eat whatever I want!



Jason is going great as well! He's been amazing as we walk through this season of extreme change. I've been pretty emotional, so the poor guy has to put up with a lot, but he does it well and with a lot of love. Last night he went out in the pooring rain to get me gingerale!



Please keep praying for everything to continue to go smoothly and that we stay healthy :) I have been prone to fear and worry that something will go wrong and I'm constantly having to speak truth to myself, so I would appreciate prayers in that way as well!!




15 comments:

Bekah said...

How fun! Thanks for showing us your pooch! Too cute!

maggie said...

I'm so happy for you! Also, thanks for commenting on my blog, it's always so encouraging.

Mindy said...

Aww, thanks for the update. This little kiddo is one really good reason to have your pants too tight! How exciting!

Rebekah Judd said...

Katie, that is so exciting!! We are so happy for you guys...you'll be great parents, I'm sure. It's true, every person deals with pregnancy differently. I bought some maternity jeans very early on because of my pooch.Can't wait to see future updates!

Jennifer said...

Katie,
Here's a word from the pooch-master... girl you're fine! I always get big right away, even with my first. It didn't matter if I gained weight or not I just had a pooch. Welcome to the pregnancy club.

It's funny being pregnant. It's the one time you can enjoy having a tummy and wear it proud. Personally I always feel great with my round belly... especially when Mike calls me his "voluptuous fertility goddess"! It's his way of making me feel better about all the curves :)

On the other side when you're only almost 22 weeks pregnant but look like you're about to deliver... it's hard to feel sexy about being pregnant. I feel like a barge. I knock everything over with my tummy and even have run into people... oops.

In seriousness though I will pray that God would comfort your heart and keep refreshing you with the truth of His Word. I tend to get anxious and fearful with every pregnancy and am still struggling in that department. Before it was what if I miscarry and now it's what if I go into pre-term labor...

All those "what ifs" have to be kicked in the butt! So I will be praying for you as I continue to pray that God will help me to trust in Him.

Blessings on you and your sweet baboo! Jason's already got the makings of a good "papa"... so sweet that he went and got you ginger ale!

Big Hug and Kiss,

Jennifer Leigh

Jennifer said...

Oohhh... sorry to post again but i had another hopefully helpful thought. At motherhood maternity and other such stores they sell something similiar to a "bella band"... this band allows you to wear your pre-maternity clothes longer. You can unbutton your pants but they stay up with the band... and it helps you wear maternity clothes that are still a bit too big by cincing them on your waist. It's saved me some money this pregnancy by allowing me to wear my "normal" clothes longer. Just a thought.

Jennifer Leigh

Katie Virginia Battaglia said...

Thanks Jennifer! You were indeed helpful and made me smile :) I have heard about the maternity belts. I might look into one this weekend! I saw it a couple weeks ago when I went but I had no idea I would need it this soon!

abbey said...

Sexy momma!! I think you're adorable Katie. Soo excited for you and I'm glad all three of you are doing well :)

Coleman Elizabeth said...

Woohoo Mommy Katie! I love it : )
You are so cute, i love the pics and i love thinking about that little one growing inside you. I'm praying for you all!
Love you and miss you! muah!

sarah said...

Girl, it is still crazy to think we are pregnant together. I am so excited for you- and you are going to make a great mom! I can't wait!! My girls are so excited too. Yeah!!! Love ya!!

Camille Ellise said...

congrats!!!!!

i will so pray for you!
Camille Ellise

Amanda said...

You are adorable. I'm so excited to be able to watch you in this new season of your life. It's been fun watching you and Jason thus far, and I'm excited to see how God will grow you over these next months. You are in my prayers. Love you!

Joy said...

Katie!

WOW! Congratulations mommy-to-be. It is very surreal the this is the time of life we are in. But I am so excited for you my "soul mate". We will be praying for you and your growing family. What a wonderful time and a precious gift from God.

Judy said...

You look just fine! Don't worry!!! I always seemed to expand in the rear quarters very quickly during pregnancies... You're right, everyone's body IS different. I think you look dandy! Congrats again.

Hannah Elisabeth said...

YAY!!! I am so so so happy for you and Jason!! You are adorable Katie!