You know why I'm tired? Because we have wonderful friends who want to spend time with us and sometimes we stay up late to be with them. And I have a beautiful, spirited little girl who likes to start her days nice and early sometimes. And this baby weight, well, I wouldn't have it if I hadn't carried a miracle in me for nine months. And God's plan, well, that will be perfect no matter how it matches up with what I desire.
I can see how He is using these things to work in my heart. Growth needs to take place, and it won't without these challenges. He's designed every moment, the tears and the laughter, to mold me and shape me more and more into His image.
I am thankful. Thankful that my challenges are not brought on by tragedy. Thankful for the voice I hear yelling and squealing at me from the other room. Thankful for the 13 months of her life that I have been a part of. Thankful for my husband who loves me and cares for through my ups and downs. Thankful for the beautiful house I live in. Thankful for the friendships God is providing, I've been praying for those for a LONG time. Thankful for my church and its leadership. Thankful for accountability and the simple knowledge that someone else is praying for me. Thankful for my family and that in them I have some of my dearest friends. Thankful for my Savior, that He loved me first and that He died on the Cross for my sins and bore ultimate suffering in my place.
Because no post is complete with out some pictures :) Here are some from our visit to the North, GA. State Fair.




3 comments:
What a beautiful post Katie. Full of beautiful and inspiring words as well as pictures of a beautiful and miraculous little girl. Thank you for putting your gratefulness out there.
Thank you so much for sharing Katie! Love the pics from the fair- Virginia is getting so big!
Love you!!!
Katie- that is a timely reminder for me. I'm tired too today but glad it is so true that the little trials are far outweighed by the blessings. Will you guys be here over thanksgiving or christmas?
Post a Comment