Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Good Morning... Sickness

So, it seems that right after I wrote that post on Friday "it" really kicked in. Why do they even call it morning sickness? I don't get it! I'm not just sick in the morning. I'm sick on and off all day. Sometimes it's worse in the morning, sometimes in the afternoon, and sometimes in the evening.
NO food, whatsoever, sounds remotely appealing. But if I don't eat, I feel worse. And when I do eat, I have to make sure it's something that won't be too bad coming back up - like lasagna - sorry, I know that's gross :)
Anyway, the good news is it means the baby is growing. That's what I keep telling myself along with only six or seven more weeks of this.
If anyone has any helpful tips on things they ate that made them feel somewhat better, I'm all ears!!!

10 comments:

Bekah said...

Kate, You know what I always say...GET UP OFF OF THAT THING AND DANCE TILL YOU FEEL BETTER!!! Interpretive dancing is probably better..."Salvation spring up from the ground" and that sort of thing.

Sorry you're feeling icky! Praying for you! Luv ya!

Lory said...

Hey, Katie! I'm sorry you feel yucky. I found that having saltine crackers or something equally bland first thing in the morning or just to carry around in case I would have a bout of nausea--pretzels work too or toast...hope this part goes quickly for ya!

Lizzy said...

yes, Bekah, good advice... interpretive dancing will REALLY help settle your tummy, Katie! oh, and throw in a slopppy joe, side of greasy fries, and a milkshake or two. hee hee. just jokin'!! am praying for you Katie. That doesn't sound like fun, but the "final product" will undoubtedly be priceless!!! (o:

Diane said...

Captain Crunch was the only food I could keep in me when I was pregnant with Tyler and he turned out ok!!

Life at the Mandl's said...

Eating little bits all day will help. I throw up with all 5. I have tried it all. I think your body is going to do what it is going to do. Something just happends at week 12 or 13 or 23 and you will stop. Eat soft foods so when you do throw up it comes out easy LOL!! No Chocolate... yummy in GROSS out!! love you!!

Bethany said...

uhhhh don't tell yourself only 6-7 more weeks because just like they call it morning sickness and for some it can last all day....it also doesn't magically always end at the first trimester. I puke almost everyday (with Jude 3x a day min.) the whole pregnancy. But I still have more kids. You will make it. I did ginger tea a lot and also fresh ginger...just ate it. I tried it all too like someone else said in your comments if it is going to come up it is going to come up. But hey you know that the hormones you need are pumping and you get this incredible beautiful baby when it is all over. Hang in there. I will be praying for ya....that it does end in 6-7 weeks. HUGS

Jennifer said...

Yeah- that's one of the lies of pregnancy... "morning" sickness... what a cruel joke. You can get sick your whole pregnancy but I will pray that it is just for your first trimester.

things that have helped me. Saltines. Coke (I know it sounds strange but it really would settle my tummy). Peppermints (the kind with peppermint oil in them). Sour candy like war heads or lemon heads sometimes would help.

I feel like I sometimes would trade morning sickness for things like reflux later. Like now I have to battle reflux, lower back pain, etc.

So much comes with the pregnancy package but believe me, it's really worth it! And remember, you're not pregnant for FOREVER :) Thank God!

Love,

Jennifer

p.S.~ Will pray that you're better soon!

Judy said...

Hmmmm. Sorry to hear you're feeling icky. I say, sip soda, sprite, ginger ale... Or, mint tea. I'd say tea is pretty helpful. :) Hang in there!

sarah said...

Any peppermint- I went through a whole box of candy canes with Kylie- something about that was soothing. I still have some from Christmas if you want I will bring them to ya- they are the small individually wrapped ones. Just let me know! Love ya- and we are praying for you!

Ashleigh said...

Katie, I just stumbled on your blog. Congrats!!! You have my empathy right now. I'm in the 18th week of pregnancy and am still sick. But with my first two pregnancies, it seemed to improve by the 15th or 16th week. Also, with the other pregnancies, candied Ginger helped, saltines, and Coke like Jennifer mentioned. Hope you're feeling better soon!