Saturday, February 9, 2008

Eight Weeks

Yesterday marked eight weeks for baby and mommy!

New this week: Webbed fingers and toes are poking out from baby's hands and feet, the eyelids practically cover the eyes, breathing tubes extend from the throat to the branches of the developing lungs, and that "tail" is just about gone. In Baby's brain, nerve cells are branching out to connect with one another, forming primitive neural pathways. This little one is about the size of a kidney bean and is constantly moving and shifting, though I still can't feel it.

It's incredible how much changes week to week!

4 comments:

abbey said...

The size of a kidney bean! That's hard to wrap your mind around.

So exciting!! Luv ya.

Brian Whalen said...

I really like how the baby in the baby widget bounces around the bubble. Sometimes when I come to your blog I just stare at it for awhile waiting for it to move.

Christina said...

Katie...just found out that you are pregnant!!!! WOW!!! SO EXCITED for you...God is sooo good!!! So glad you have a blog to keep us all updated.
-christina deloglos

Jessica said...

It is a small world - I hope you are loving Atlanta as much as we love California! Congrats on your baby! I'm looking forward to keeping up with you through your blog...